Yamasaki Academy of Woodbridge is committed to providing a safe environment for you and your family to train. We have outlined a Continuity Plan for managing the potential spread of the SARS-CoV-2 virus within the Academy that supplements our already strict student health and welfare measures. This strategy will align with the laws and regulations set forth by the White House Guidelines for Opening Up American Again, as well as the Virginia Governor’s Office Forward Virginia Plan. Our goal is to take our time and work closely with our students and their families to make sure we are doing things safely and we are all staying healthy.
As of June 13th, we have moved into Phase 2 Re-Opening in Virginia which means we are officially open for business! Albeit with a reduced schedule of classes with reduced capacity. Please check out schedule of classes for the latest updates on what is available. We are accepting registrations for our Beginners Classes for Adults and Youth which will start Monday, June 22nd.
- There will be marked stations on the mats and walls to designate 10’ x 10’ distance
- The changing rooms are closed for use. You must come dressed to train
- Enter the gym through the main doors, exit the gym through the side door
- Enter the mats at one end, exit the mats at another end
- No spectators allowed. The seating area is closed.
- The instructors will be checking students into the gym, no more keyboard/mouse
- Water fountain has been turned off, bring your own water bottle
- There will be no more shared gloves, shin pads, or gis available for use
- The fitness equipment has been removed from the gym
- The toys for the kids have been removed from the gym
- Mats will be cleaned after every class using our current germicidal cleaner that uses n-Alkyl (60% C14, 30% C16, 5% C12, 5% C18) dimethyl benzyl ammonium chloride and n-Alkyl (68% C12, 32% C14) dimethyl ethylbenzyl ammonium chloride
- Mats will be cleaned every night with Clorox Germicidal Bleach which contains sodium hypochlorite
- Surfaces, including door handles, faucets and sinks, will be cleaned with wipes containing sodium hypochlorite in between classes
- Spray hand sanitizers will be made available that contain 80% Ethanol Alcohol
- Every weekend the gym will be completely cleaned including areas and equipment that are not in use
- For information on the effectiveness of disinfectants specifically for SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-1), please visit https://www.ecri.org/components/HDJournal/Pages/Disinfectant-Concentrations-for-EPA-list-N-COVID-19.aspx?tab=2
- They have not had a fever for the past 7 days
- They have not had a persistent cough for the past 14 days
- They have not tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 30 days.
- They have not been exposed to anyone that has tested positive for COVD-19 within the past 14 days
- They have not been exposed to anyone that has had a fever and/or showing COVD-19 symptoms within the past 14 days
- They have not been contacted by a contact tracer alerting them to possible exposure within the past 14 days