Yamasaki Academy of Woodbridge is committed to providing a safe environment for you and your family to train. We have outlined a Continuity Plan for managing the potential spread of the SARS-CoV-2 virus within the Academy that supplements our already strict student health and welfare measures. This strategy will align with the laws and regulations set forth by the White House Guidelines for Opening Up American Again, as well as the Virginia Governor’s Office Forward Virginia Plan. Our goal is to take our time and work closely with our students and their families to make sure we are doing things safely and we are all staying healthy.
We have moved into Phase 3 Re-Opening in Virginia which means we are nearly at full capacity and normal schedule. Please check out schedule of classes for the latest updates on what is available. We are accepting registrations for our Beginners Classes for Adults and Youth anytime.
- There will be marked stations on the mats and walls to designate 10’ x 10’ distance
- The changing rooms are closed for use. You must come dressed to train
- Enter the gym through the main doors, exit the gym through the side door
- Enter the mats at one end, exit the mats at another end
- No spectators allowed. The seating area is closed.
- The instructors will be checking students into the gym, no more keyboard/mouse
- Water fountain has been turned off, bring your own water bottle
- There will be no more shared gloves, shin pads, or gis available for use
- The fitness equipment has been removed from the gym
- The toys for the kids have been removed from the gym
- Mats will be cleaned after every class using our current germicidal cleaner that uses n-Alkyl (60% C14, 30% C16, 5% C12, 5% C18) dimethyl benzyl ammonium chloride and n-Alkyl (68% C12, 32% C14) dimethyl ethylbenzyl ammonium chloride
- Mats will be cleaned every night with Clorox Germicidal Bleach which contains sodium hypochlorite
- Surfaces, including door handles, faucets and sinks, will be cleaned with wipes containing sodium hypochlorite in between classes
- Spray hand sanitizers will be made available that contain 80% Ethanol Alcohol
- Every weekend the gym will be completely cleaned including areas and equipment that are not in use
- For information on the effectiveness of disinfectants specifically for SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-1), please visit https://www.ecri.org/components/HDJournal/Pages/Disinfectant-Concentrations-for-EPA-list-N-COVID-19.aspx?tab=2